Everything is going “Green”, why not entrepreneurship ?
An “entrepreneur” is someone who thinks of a new idea or opportunity in business and who takes the risks necessary to convert his or her vision into a reality. Entrepreneurs are absolutely essential to the forwarding of human progress. An ecological entrepreneur is someone who is driven not only by the possibility of making a profit, but is also driven by environmental and social concerns. They want to make the world a better place by improving the environment.
Now that’s something new in this capitalist world, isn’t it ? But to our surprise, green entrepreneurship is getting momentum and many are rising up to it.
This is very important aspect of giving back to society. If every entrepreneur makes an effort to give back to society or at least considers this while making any new decision, slowly world will become much better place in terms of environment and sustainability. It may sound kind of philosophical and too ideal, but if you think about it, it is actually practical and doable. We all need to be aware of it. Also, it is not charity, we are talking here. At the end, one will make money. After all it is business, but with a hint of “green” in it. That’s all.
Whether you’re looking for funding, news, or networking, there are lots of resources out there dedicated to green entrepreneurs. We’ve hand picked some of the best. Check out these resources that can give you the boost you need to be green and successful at the same time.
Resources and more information
Here is nice list of related blogs and websites I found on Internet about “green” entrepreneurship. See what others are saying/thinking about it. There is lot happening, I tell you…
- GreenBiz: GreenBiz discusses issues that relate to environmental responsibility in business. They have resources ranging from daily news to workshops.
- Environmental News Network: The Environmental News Network highlights top stories in environmental news.
- Environment Business: Environment Business covers issues that are important to businesses and other organizations, highlighting information that will help others to implement responsible business practices.
- Environmental Leader: Environmental Leader covers issues relating to corporate sustainability.
- Green Wombat: The Green Wombat is all about the intersection of environment, technology, business and policy.
- CSR Wire: The CSR Wire provides news on corporate social responsibility.
- Green Counsel: Stephen Filler discusses how he uses the law to promote renewable energy, environmental business and sustainability.
- Conscious Business: Conscious Business is about learning how to conduct a business while staying sustainable.
- Environmental Science & Technology: This publication offers news on environmentalism as it relates to business and education.
- Greener Buildings: Builders and developers who would like to make their businesses more environmentally friendly can find lots of news and resources on the Greener Buildings blog.
- BusinessGreen: Read BusinessGreen for insights on marketing, printing, the workplace, and legislation as they relate to sustainable business.
- Joel Makower: Two Steps Forward: Joel Makower discusses business practices, green marketing and trend watching.
So next time you have an idea, add a little “green” to it