In last couple of weeks, I have been writing about “green entrepreneurship” on this blog. http://www.samirvyas.com/blog/category/entrepreneurship/going-green/
If you are serious about this and want to learn more, books could be best source. I looked around and gather few books from web. For more in-depth guides on green business, check out these informative books.
- Building the Green Economy: Success Stories from the Grassroots: This book is a collection of essays about activists that have worked to champion their environmental causes. It provides readers with success stories as well as resources and strategies for businesses who want to be green.
- The Green Baron: A Business Parable on Ecolution: The Green Baron is a story about a CEO of a manufacturing firm who changed his thinking about the sustainability of his business and was able to increase his profitability by being more environmentally conscious.
- Green Marketing: Opportunity for Innovation: Jacquelyn Ottoman describes how businesses should create and promote products that cater to customers who are environmentally conscious.
- Green to Gold: How Smart Companies Use Environmental Strategy to Innovate, Create Value, and Build Competitive Advantage: This primer guides entrepreneurs through facts, lists and resources for running a green business. You’ll find stories on the successes and failures of companies who have worked to become sustainable and be able to learn from their experience, understanding what works and what doesn’t.
- Green Business: A Five-part Model for Creating an Environmentally Responsible Company: If you’re looking for a how-to guide for building a green business, be sure to check out this book. It covers details on how to make various aspects of your business more sustainable, ranging from your employees to your products.
- The Triple Bottom Line: How Today’s Best-Run Companies Are Achieving Economic, Social, and Environmental Success: The Triple Bottom Line discusses how successful companies are working to build responsible businesses through social and environmental consciousness. You’ll find guidance on how other businesses achieve this as well as advice on how you can find the same success in your own company.
- Lean and Green: Profit for Your Workplace and the Environment: If you have a hard time grasping the concept that you can be profitable and environmentally responsible at the same time, check out this book. It’s full of examples of methods that are both environmentally and fiscally wise.
Here is the “green” idea. If you are thinking of buying it then before buying the paper copy of this book, consider to buy “eBook” or a “PDF” version, if available. Save a tree or two. I know it is not easy to always read eBook or PDF document. But hey, at least you can think about it and implement it if you like. It can really save a tree or two.